Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Useful Goodies for Girl's Best Friend Pullover

This is such a simple, fun, satisfying knit! And you get to use some cool tricks of the trade.


Neaten Bind Off in the Round

I love this trick! As you know, when you knit in the round, you are really working a spiral, so there is always an annoying "step" where you leave off. Not anymore! Check out this nifty magic:


Backward Loop Cast On

This is my favorite technique for adding a few under-arm stitches when knitting a top-down raglan. This tutorial has it all: written and video!


Let me know if there are other tricks or treats you want to learn by leaving them in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I just started learning how to knit sweaters Girls Best Friend was the third sweater I made. I had trouble with the diamond pattern in the sleeves needless to say my sleeve didn't look like the pattern. Reading and understanding patterns is a work in progress for me. I'm making the Girls Best Friend for the second time it's fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for jumping right in with an intermediate pattern! Please don't hesitate to reach out for any help along the way. Happy Knitting!

      Delete
  2. My bust size is 42.5 inches. Based on the pattern, I am making the 38 inch sweater because the pattern is for negative ease. My arm width is 16.5 inches. Based on the fit measurements (if I am reading it correctly), the size 38 sleeves will not fit. How do I make the sleeves bigger to fit me and keep the diamond pattern?

    Thank you in advance for your assistance!

    ReplyDelete